CPE Units: 28
4.1.2 Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature in decision making.
6.1.2 Formulates a clear understanding of the nature of problems or need for improvement to achieve desired outcome.
2020 Composition of Foods, Nutrient Analysis
2070 Macronutrients: Carbohydrate, Fat, Protein, Fiber, Water
2110 Physiology, Exercise Physiology
3000 Nutrition Assessment and Diagnosis
3005 Nutrition Diagnosis
3010 Assessment Methodology
3020 Assessment of Target Groups, Populations
3040 Food Consumption, Fluid Balance
3090 Screening Parameters, Methodology, and Surveillance
4000 Wellness and Public Health
4010 Community Intervention, Monitoring, and Evaluation
4020 Community Program Development
4030 Dietary Guidelines, DRIs, Food Guide Pyramid, Food Labeling
4080 Government-funded Food & Nutrition Programs
4100 Social Marketing
5000 Medical Nutrition Therapy
5200 Disordered Eating
5350 Substance Abuse, Alcoholism
5370 Weight Management, Obesity
5410 Client Protocols, Clinical Guidelines
5460 Self-Care Management
Wealth of nutrition science! The author, Michael Greger, MD, maintains a huge database of nutrition studies for his website, NutritionFacts.org, and this book condenses that data into healthy eating guidelines. The book has 134 pages of references that support his recommendations behind the diet that prevents and reverses many of the causes of disease-related death.
** Note: Several options are available for this product. Prices vary from $113 to $165 depending on number of credits (15 or 28) desired and testing format. **
Upon successful completion, the users will be able to:
1. Identify and debunk patients’ and other professionals’ misperceptions about nutrition myths and diet guidelines.
2. Discuss the major nutrition influences that promote health and longevity.
3. Better assess patients’ and clients’ present eating habits and medical diagnoses to determine health risks and contributing factors.
4. Identify ways to help clients eat nutritiously and make healthier food choices.
About the Author
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional