CPE Units: 35
6.1.6 Develops and implements strategies, techniques and tools for process improvement in consultation with others.
8.1.2 Applies knowledge of food and nutrition as well as the biological, physical and social sciences in practice.
8.2.2 Applies knowledge of health determinants when planning, developing and implementing services, programs, meal plans and menus.
2070 Macronutrients: Carbohydrate, Fat, Protein, Fiber, Water
2110 Physiology, Exercise Physiology
3000 Nutrition Assessment and Diagnosis
3030 Anthropometrics, Body Composition
3040 Food Consumption, Fluid Balance
3100 Supplemental Nutrients, Botanicals
4000 Wellness and Public Health
4030 Dietary Guidelines, DRIs, Food Guide Pyramid, Food Labeling
4060 Exercise, Fitness, and Sports Nutrition
5000 Medical Nutrition Therapy
5460 Self-Care Management
Outstanding sports resource! Interesting, thorough, and totally updated with the newest research in food for sports, timing, peaking, and motivating athletes. Includes access to the eBook, resources, and newest ACSM/AND position statement.
** Note: Several options are available for this product. Prices vary from $125 to $295 depending on number of credits (20 or 35) desired and testing format. **
Upon successful completion of this self-study course, the users will be able to:
1. Discuss the nutrition guidelines for amateur and high performing athletes
2. Better assess clients’ nutritional needs while training and competing in sport events.
3. Counsel client athletes with weight and eating disorder issues.
4. Identify people with special nutrition needs, and those at risk when competing in sports.
About the Author
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional