CPE Units: 20
4.1.2 Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature in decision making.
6.1.2 Formulates a clear understanding of the nature of problems or need for improvement to achieve desired outcome.
2020 Composition of Foods, Nutrient Analysis
2070 Macronutrients: Carbohydrate, Fat, Protein, Fiber, Water
2110 Physiology, Exercise Physiology
3000 Nutrition Assessment and Diagnosis
3005 Nutrition Diagnosis
3010 Assessment Methodology
3020 Assessment of Target Groups, Populations
3040 Food Consumption, Fluid Balance
3090 Screening Parameters, Methodology, and Surveillance
4000 Wellness and Public Health
4010 Community Intervention, Monitoring, and Evaluation
4020 Community Program Development
4030 Dietary Guidelines, DRIs, Food Guide Pyramid, Food Labeling
4080 Government-funded Food & Nutrition Programs
4090 Health Behaviors: Smoking Cessation, Stress Management
4100 Social Marketing
5200 Disordered Eating
5350 Substance Abuse, Alcoholism
5370 Weight Management, Obesity
5410 Client Protocols, Clinical Guidelines
5460 Self-Care Management
This book exposes the flawed logic behind promotion of dieting for sustainable weight loss. After explaining the physiology of reversing insulin resistance, controlling appetite, and retraining fat cell function, the author has an eating plan and recipes to reverse the problems. The solutions are based upon Dr. David Ludwig’s weight loss research at Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School.
** Note: Several options are available for this product. Prices vary from $92 to $150 depending on number of credits (10 or 20) desired and testing format **
Upon successful completion, the users will be able to:
1. Identify and debunk patients’ and other professionals’ misperceptions about the success of dieting for long term weight loss.
2. Discuss the major influences that shape a person’s craving for food, appetite control, resistance to insulin function, and decision-making around food.
3. Identify ways to help clients eat nutritiously and make healthier food choices in order to better control hunger and weight.
About the Author
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional