CPE Units: 25
4.1.2 Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature in decision making.
6.2.5 Applies research/evidence-based findings to improve practice, service delivery, and health and nutrition of customers.
8.1.5 Applies medical nutrition therapy in disease prevention and management.
8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
** Use Coupon Code: DHUB20 for $10 off purchases at https://helmpublishing.com of $120+ until 12/31/2020. (Excludes Books Only and 10% Off Online Exclusives. One discount per person & per order.) **
Written for clinicians by a dietitian who first worked with cannabis in 1981 in India, this book helps you understand the endocannabinoid system in the body, plus efficacy, dosing, regulations. Includes use for neurological disorders, cancer, CV, liver function, mood disorders, and palliative care. It contains the most recent research. 18 contributing authors.
** Note: Several options are available for this product. Prices vary from $115 to $210. **
Upon successful completion of this self-study course, the users will be able to:
1. List five known functions of CBD.
2. List four health uses or benefits of THC.
3. Identify three differences between CBD and THC.
4. Explain the four functions of the endocannabinoid system and how it works.
5. Discuss how CBD handles chronically high levels of inflammation.
Why we chose this book
This topic is of great interest to the public and thus health professionals must learn more about the pros & cons of CBD, THC, hemp, and the various methods of usage.
About the Author
Betty Wedman-St. Louis, PhD, RDN specializes in digestive diseases, bariatric surgery, cancer, and multiple chemical sensitivity. She has been in practice over 40 years as a clinician, author, and instructor.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional