CPE Units: 25
8.1.5 Applies medical nutrition therapy in disease prevention and management.
8.3.1 Maintains the knowledge and skill to manage a variety of disease states and clinical conditions.
8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
5040 Long-term, Intermediate, and Assisted Living
New Course based on our best selling manual which is used in thousands of hospitals, nursing facilities, rehab centers, and other post-acute care settings.
This self-study course is based on a comprehensive resource that includes guidelines for evidence-based practice, including the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate, updated information on cardiovascular disease, hypertension, pressure injuries, and more! Sample menus for all diets, plus information on each disease state/condition. This resource can be used as an evidence-based reference for providing nutrition care, interpreting diets, writing menus, meeting federal regulations, and defining physician diet orders. The manual is over 500 pages. Downloadable self-study guide included.
After completing this continuing education course, the learner should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of normal nutrition as described by the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Describe how to individualize nutrition care for adults and older adults to help prevent and/or treat a variety of disease states and medical conditions.
- Develop a plan for nutrition care for common food intolerances and/or allergies.
- Summarize common nutrition interventions used to treat dysphagia.
- Describe indications for, contraindications for, selection of, and prescription of enteral and parenteral feeding.
- Discuss basic nutrition care guidelines for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Discuss basic nutrition care guidelines for children.
- Apply knowledge of individualized medical nutrition therapy through the use of case studies.
- Adjust the menus in a food service operation to reflect diet patterns that can prevent and/or treat a variety of disease states and medical conditions.
Be the first to review this CPE!