CPE Units: 1.5
6.2.4 Disseminates research or performance improvement outcomes to advance knowledge, change practice and enhance effectiveness of services.
8.1.2 Applies knowledge of food and nutrition as well as the biological, physical and social sciences in practice.
8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
2100 Nutritional Biochemistry
5160 Cardiovascular Disease
9020 Evaluation and Application of Research
LCHF (Low Carbohydrate Healthy Fat) is proving to be popular for many athletes and people with insulin insufficiency, or those just wanting to make a lifestyle change. Expert Dietitian Dr. Caryn Zinn presents the biochemistry and physiological principles behind LCHF diets, and how to apply these into your lifestyle.
By the end of the course you will
- Learn about the different definitions and terminology of LCHF
- Understand the rationale for LCHF and its impact on health
- Review the evidence for LCHF
- Learn about what some of the critics say regarding LCHF
- Understand how to apply LCHF in practice