CPE Units: 25
2.1.3 Tailors message to meet the needs of the target audience.
4.1.1 Demonstrates effective problem solving and professional judgment to address a need.
4.1.2 Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature in decision making.
4.2.7 Integrates relevant information with previous learning, experience, professional knowledge, and current practice models.
6.1.2 Formulates a clear understanding of the nature of problems or need for improvement to achieve desired outcome.
6.1.6 Develops and implements strategies, techniques and tools for process improvement in consultation with others.
6.2.5 Applies research/evidence-based findings to improve practice, service delivery, and health and nutrition of customers.
8.1.1 Interprets and applies evidence-based comparative standards for determining nutritional needs.
8.1.2 Applies knowledge of food and nutrition as well as the biological, physical and social sciences in practice.
8.2.2 Applies knowledge of health determinants when planning, developing and implementing services, programs, meal plans and menus.
8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
2020 Composition of Foods, Nutrient Analysis
2070 Macronutrients: Carbohydrate, Fat, Protein, Fiber, Water
2090 Micronutrients: Vitamins, Minerals
2110 Physiology, Exercise Physiology
3000 Nutrition Assessment and Diagnosis
3005 Nutrition Diagnosis
3010 Assessment Methodology
3030 Anthropometrics, Body Composition
3040 Food Consumption, Fluid Balance
3100 Supplemental Nutrients, Botanicals
4000 Wellness and Public Health
4060 Exercise, Fitness, and Sports Nutrition
5000 Medical Nutrition Therapy
** Use Coupon Code: DHUB20 for $10 off purchases at https://helmpublishing.com of $120+ until 12/31/2020. (Excludes Books Only and 10% Off Online Exclusives. One discount per person & per order.) **
This book covers the latest evidence-based, practical sports research on how to train and compete at the athlete’s highest level. Whether a weekend athlete who wants to get better or a top competitor, there are component secrets like overall health, nutrition, sleep, stress management, training, and recovery that can be adjusted to greatly change outcomes. Inside Peak:
- Connecting the importance of sleep, digestion, the athlete microbiome, and blood glucose control metrics
- Creating personalized deep nutrition strategies for building muscle, burning fat, or “making weight” for competition
- Rethinking nutrition specifically for team sports
- Learning how elite endurance athletes fuel, including training techniques to boost performance
- Applying the new science of recovery that enhances performance
- Emphasizing the tremendous role of emotional intelligence and mindset in overcoming roadblocks and achieving athletic success (the next frontier in performance)
- Analyzing the qualities of elite leaders and how to develop them authentically
** Note: Several options are available for this product. Prices vary from $122 to $165. **
Upon successful completion of this self-study course, the users will be able to:
1. Identify two important functions of each of the following for athletes according to the newest research: sleep, healthy microbiome, and blood sugar maintenance.
2. Interpret and integrate evidence-based sports research and literature in decision making
3. Summarize the recommended nutrition guidelines for exercise for calories, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and fluids.
4. Discuss the major fuels used by muscles for energy and the difference between the needs for endurance and strength/power sports.
5. Integrate relevant information with previous learning, experience, professional knowledge, and current practice models.
6. Calculate clients’ nutritional needs while training with considerations toward fitness, making weight, and adequate fuel.
7. Determine appropriate nutrition intervention for athletic clients at specific times: pre-season, during two-a-day training, half-time, and in all day competitions.
8. List three ways athletes’ needs, plus their eating habits and training and competition schedules can influence recovery from fatigue.
Why we chose this book
Dr. Marc Bubbs, ND, CISSN, CSCS, is a popular speaker and very good writer with years of practical sports nutrition experience. The reviews on this book are excellent. We wanted a good evidence-based sports book on how to bring your best game to your peak performance.
About the Author
Dr. Marc Bubbs, ND, CISSN, CSCS, is the Performance Nutrition Lead for the Canadian men’s national basketball team. He is an internationally known speaker and conditioning coach. He hosts a podcast where he interviews world experts in performance. Marc has been a consultant to sports teams in the NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional