CPE Units: 21
2.1.3 Tailors message to meet the needs of the target audience.
4.1.2 Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature in decision making.
6.1.2 Formulates a clear understanding of the nature of problems or need for improvement to achieve desired outcome.
8.1.1 Interprets and applies evidence-based comparative standards for determining nutritional needs.
8.1.2 Applies knowledge of food and nutrition as well as the biological, physical and social sciences in practice.
2070 Macronutrients: Carbohydrate, Fat, Protein, Fiber, Water
2100 Nutritional Biochemistry
2110 Physiology, Exercise Physiology
3000 Nutrition Assessment and Diagnosis
3005 Nutrition Diagnosis
3010 Assessment Methodology
4040 Disease Prevention
4060 Exercise, Fitness, and Sports Nutrition
5000 Medical Nutrition Therapy
5240 Hepatic Disorders
5370 Weight Management, Obesity
Excellent book! A silent health crisis is impacting 33% of Americans—nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. If your liver becomes overwhelmed, it can lead to fatigue, weight gain, liver disease, diabetes, and autoimmune disease. Written by an expert integrative RD and nutrition manager at the Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute along with a hepatic physician. Kristin gives diet, lifestyle, and supplement guidelines to prevent and even reverse liver issues.
** Note: Several options are available for this product. Prices vary from $99 to $150 depending on number of credits (10 or 21) desired and testing format. **
Upon successful completion, the users will be able to:
1. Explain three major functions of the liver.
2. Discuss four ways a person can contract non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
3. Identify three ways stress can make you vulnerable to liver disorders.
4. Identify five drugs or herbs that can be toxic to the liver.
5. Discuss the benefits of exercise on the function and health of the liver.
6. Counsel giving more accurate and individualized nutritional care to patients with liver toxicities on how to change their nutrition and lifestyle choices to improve longevity and good health.
About the Author
Kristin Kirkpatrick, MS, RD, LD is the manager of Nutrition Services at the Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute.
Ibrahim Hanouneh, MD, is a gastroenterologist and hepatologist with liver transplant experience, now practicing in Minnesota.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional