CPE Units: 25
6.1.2 Formulates a clear understanding of the nature of problems or need for improvement to achieve desired outcome.
6.1.9 Interprets data to formulate judgments, conclusions and reports.
8.1.2 Applies knowledge of food and nutrition as well as the biological, physical and social sciences in practice.
2020 Composition of Foods, Nutrient Analysis
2040 Food Science, Genetically Modified Food
2070 Macronutrients: Carbohydrate, Fat, Protein, Fiber, Water
2080 Microbiology, Food Toxicology
2090 Micronutrients: Vitamins, Minerals
2100 Nutritional Biochemistry
3000 Nutrition Assessment and Diagnosis
3060 Laboratory Tests
3070 Pharmacological, Drug/Nutrient, Herbal Interaction
3080 Physical: Blood Pressure, Pulse, Bowel Sounds
3090 Screening Parameters, Methodology, and Surveillance
3100 Supplemental Nutrients, Botanicals
4000 Wellness and Public Health
4040 Disease Prevention
4060 Exercise, Fitness, and Sports Nutrition
5000 Medical Nutrition Therapy
5220 Gastrointestinal Disorders
5370 Weight Management, Obesity
5410 Client Protocols, Clinical Guidelines
5420 Complementary Care, Alternative Therapies
8000 Food Service Systems and Culinary Arts
8090 Menu Planning and Development, Nutrient Analysis
8100 Food and Recipe Development and Modification
** Note: Several options are available for this product. Prices vary from $106 to $155 depending on number of credits (15 or 25) desired and testing format. **
Upon completion of this course, a person will be able to:
1. Better assess a patient’s diet and lifestyle to determine the contributing factors for weight issues.
2. Educate the patient on how the gut’s microbes influence health and weight issues, and how to influence the flora in the gut.
3. Apply the new physiological information on gut flora and how different foods influence the types of flora that thrive.
4. Successfully rebalance both their own and patients’ gut flora through changes in lifestyle and diet.
5. Efficiently counsel patients and guide them as they work through the various phases of diet changes outlined to achieve weight loss.
About the Author
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional