CPE Units: 30
6.1.2 Formulates a clear understanding of the nature of problems or need for improvement to achieve desired outcome.
8.1.5 Applies medical nutrition therapy in disease prevention and management.
8.2.2 Applies knowledge of health determinants when planning, developing and implementing services, programs, meal plans and menus.
2010 Botanicals, Phytochemicals
2070 Macronutrients: Carbohydrate, Fat, Protein, Fiber, Water
2080 Microbiology, Food Toxicology
2090 Micronutrients: Vitamins, Minerals
2100 Nutritional Biochemistry
2110 Physiology, Exercise Physiology
3000 Nutrition Assessment and Diagnosis
3010 Assessment Methodology
3030 Anthropometrics, Body Composition
3040 Food Consumption, Fluid Balance
3060 Laboratory Tests
3070 Pharmacological, Drug/Nutrient, Herbal Interaction
3080 Physical: Blood Pressure, Pulse, Bowel Sounds
3100 Supplemental Nutrients, Botanicals
4000 Wellness and Public Health
4040 Disease Prevention
4060 Exercise, Fitness, and Sports Nutrition
4180 Women's Health
5000 Medical Nutrition Therapy
5370 Weight Management, Obesity
5410 Client Protocols, Clinical Guidelines
5420 Complementary Care, Alternative Therapies
** Note: Several options are available for this product. Prices vary from $107 to $175 depending on number of credits (15 or 30) desired and testing format. **
Upon completion of this course, the person will be able to:
1. Better assess the nutritional needs of patients while considering patients’ diagnosed hormonal imbalances.
2. Educate the patient on how hormones influence health and weight issues, and how to rebalance her health.
3. Apply the new physiological information on hormones and how different foods influence hormone levels.
4. Successfully rebalance both their own and patients’ weight, energy, and sleep through changes in lifestyle and diet.
5. Efficiently counsel patients and guide them as they work through the various phases of diet changes outlined to achieve weight loss.
About the Author
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional