CPE Units: 25
2.1.3 Tailors message to meet the needs of the target audience.
4.1.2 Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature in decision making.
6.1.2 Formulates a clear understanding of the nature of problems or need for improvement to achieve desired outcome.
8.1.1 Interprets and applies evidence-based comparative standards for determining nutritional needs.
8.1.2 Applies knowledge of food and nutrition as well as the biological, physical and social sciences in practice.
2000 Science of Food and Nutrition
2100 Nutritional Biochemistry
2110 Physiology, Exercise Physiology
4000 Wellness and Public Health
4040 Disease Prevention
4060 Exercise, Fitness, and Sports Nutrition
4090 Health Behaviors: Smoking Cessation, Stress Management
New York Times bestselling book. It’s a fascinating mix of cutting-edge science and lifestyle coaching on how the tiny ends of the chromosomes determine how fast our cells age and die. These are ways we can extend our health spans. Of equal importance to food and physical activity, is management of psychological stress with relaxation and meditation.
** Note: Several options are available for this product. Prices vary from $104 to $155 depending on number of credits (15 or 25) desired and testing format. **
Upon successful completion, the users will be able to:
1. Explain telomeres and how they function along with telomerase to increase the overall health and wellbeing of a person’s body and longevity.
2. Discuss five influencers that can increase the length of telomeres on chromosomes and help explain the mind-body connection of health.
3. Counsel giving more accurate and individualized nutritional care to patients and clients on how to change their life choices to improve longevity and good health.
4. Use mind tricks to protect themselves from stress.
5. Teach or personally use strategies to protect children from shorter telomeres from pregnancy through adolescence.
About the Author
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional