CPE Units: 25
4.1.1 Demonstrates effective problem solving and professional judgment to address a need.
4.1.2 Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature in decision making.
6.1.2 Formulates a clear understanding of the nature of problems or need for improvement to achieve desired outcome.
4000 Wellness and Public Health
5000 Medical Nutrition Therapy
6000 Education, Training, and Counseling
9000 Research and Grants
Written by Charles F. Burant, MD, PhD, a specialist in the management of Type II Diabetes and metabolic syndromes and Laura A. Young, MD, PhD, eds. for the American Diabetes Association.
Totally updated health care professional guide! This book covers diagnosis, pathogenesis, tools of therapy, nutrition, behavior change, and detection and treatment of complications. Also explores special needs in: gestational diabetes, sports, youth, and pharmacological, hospitalization and chronic problems. Thorough discussion of the topics. For inpatient or outpatient counseling.
This new edition has been expanded into a 25 hour course, along with the 15 hour course.
** Note: Several options are available for this product. Prices vary from $111 to $175 depending on number of credits (15 or 25) desired and testing format. **
Upon successful completion of this self-study course, the users will be able to:
1. Discuss the physiology of type 2 diabetes and how it can compromise health.
2. Identify the major signs and symptoms of type 2 diabetes.
3. Identify the target chemistries and therapy deemed “ideal” by the ADA.
4. Discuss the various treatment changes recommended when a patient is ill, going through surgery or exercising.
5. Better assess the patients’ needs and eating habits to control type 2 diabetes.
6. Better determine appropriate medical nutrition therapy intervention for patients.
About the Author
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional